Monday, August 4, 2008

Welcome - The First Blog Entry

Welcome. Here we go!

I was pondering about my regrets which are very few when I mentally lurched on a specific regret. I was lamenting that I didn't write enough. My thoughts hovered around the concept of: "If I were to die today…" In fact, to be more exact if I were in the process of dying and had a small amount of time to comprehend my impending doom what would I be regretful for? Most of my life's path has been arranged by limited options giving insignificant space for missed opportunities to be regretful. I'll add a rhetorical question of: "So, no regrets?"

After a turbulent young life, I met my amazing life partner TheMan and subsequently God blessed us both with two beautiful and superb children: Tiger and Peanut. The arrival of the children instilled a sense of completeness and a significant amount of responsibility to my family, myself and even my world. Looking into the make-believe rearview mirror, I have no notable regrets which could distress my mind. However, as I imagined what I would think and feel as I hypothetically slipped into the unconscious world one regret did surface. My regret was the lack of writing.

Here I am in the mighty Information Age and I do not write at all. Of course, I write for work and basic communication (i.e. notes) but outside of that I do very little to journal my thoughts or even spend time to construct personal overtures to the people that I love. I have a rich and rewarding life with Dan and the children where I cherish the simple things such as small voices singing out, "Daddy-Papa" on my arrival home. With this emotional swirl I now perceive a sense to journal about this amazing life for my children, grandchildren and beyond.

Join me on my blog as I share what it is like to raise Tiger and Peanut.

No comments: